Because of our commitment to your eye health, we offer the most up-to-date technology around!
ADAPTDx: The AdaptDx test helps us detect Age related Macular Degeneration (AMD) in it’s earliest stages, long before you may notice any changes in your vision. If you are diagnosed with AMD, scheduled monitoring with the AdpatDx provides the best chance to manage the condition and preserve your vision. We are the only office between Harrisburg and Pittsburgh to offer this test.
Common risk factors for AMD:
- Age 50 or older
- Family history
- Being white and/or female
- Smoker or past smoker
- Being overweight
- Heart disease, high blood pressure or high cholesterol
TRUETEAR: Do you suffer from dry eyes? We can help! We are the only office in the area to offer this new state of the art technology.
• TrueTear® is the first of its kind in eye care
• Drug-free, drop-free option for temporarily producing more of your own tears
• Uses state-of-the-art neurostimulation technology
• Tip emits tiny pulses of energy to stimulate a nerve inside the nasal cavity, and the tear glands respond
• The tear glands react by temporarily making more of your own natural tears that include proteins and lipids
• Neurostimulation has been used for decades
OPTOMAP: Associates in Family Eyecare was the first optometry office in the area to offer the Optomap retinal exam. This new and unique retinal scan can detect a variety of retinal and pathological diseases early on and prevent possible vision loss later. No longer are the side effects from standard dilation!
The Optomap is able to show your doctor a much larger view of the back of your eye without drops; therefore, no blurry vision and light sensitivity afterwards. Some medical insurance providers will even cover the cost of it in Diabetic patients.